Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Widmer Brothers' Reserve Barrel Aged Brrrbon



This last weekend, Tracy & I went to visit Sammy, Sammy, Sammy Jr. and Mank. We went to a grocery store in their town where the guy who runs the beer and wine department does a bang up job. While perusing the vast array of craft beers, I found a box that said Barrel Aged Brrrbon. It is a seasonal beer called Brrr that has been aged in Kentucky bourbon barrels.

I have to admit, based solely on the price and the box, I had high expectations ... and I wasn't disappointed. There was NO doubt this beer had been aged in bourbon barrels. I loved this, but one of the Sammy's wasn't impressed. If you ever find this, give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. Can I get an AMEN! I will definitely be on the hunt for this here in Dallas. Now, I really like bourbon (Weller to be exact), and this brew gave me a smooth, warm bourbon finish with just enough bubble to remind me I was drinking a beer. Surprisingly affordable, considering they put it in a special box. Good things come in small packages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which Sammy are you talkin' about? Jr.? Cuz the other two thought it was O-Tay. Not a session beer, but...

    ReplyDelete