Monday, April 25, 2011

Michigan Beers

I am in Michigan again and of course had to have a few brews. The first beer is a New Holland Brewery product called The Poet. I stopped and checked out this beer strictly for it's label. I noticed it was an oatmeal stout and seriously, I have never met a stout I didn't like. I can't say that this is an exemplary beer, but it is a classic example of it's style. You won't be disappointed.

Also did a stop by the local Grand Haven brewer, "Odd Side Ales." I made an entry back in January about this brewer. I did another sampler and absolutely loved the "Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Coffee Stout. You can taste the chocolate, cherry and coffee in the beer.

My sister and brother-in-law have an event center. At the bar, there are 3 taps. Currently, they have Bell's Oberon, a seasonal wheat ale that is very popular. Blue Moon and Founder's Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale. My favorite was the Dirty Bastard. But since Oberon is seasonal and it just came out, it is selling better now. Oh well, their loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment