Thursday, May 26, 2011

I've Been Held Hostage in Denver

Thanks for not sending help!


I'm sure some would argue about where good beer is made. Hell, I'm sure some would argue about what beer is really good. But let me tell you...when the beer gods got together and thought about where they'd prefer to make and drink awesome beer, I'll be Colorado won, hands down.

Oh my goodness there are some mighty good beers up here. I had a beer that made my backbone slip a notch...like I'd sat down in one of those papago chairs (round, usually set on bamboo, looks like a bra cup) that was covered in warm silky caramel. I had a beer that had so much delicious coffee flavor in it, it woke me up next week. I had a beer infused with jalapeno and habanero peppers...I needed a guacamole chaser. I had a beer that tasted like that spot of sunshine that you curl up in with your cat on a Sunday afternoon. I had a beer that could have been sold out of the ice cream man's truck on a summer's day from my childhood (that would, of course, been illegal, but...you get my drift).

Then there's the food. BBQ with a sauce made from the same Oatmeal Stout I was drinking with it. A jalapeno cream cheese burger. Chicken Marsala with a sauce so rich and thick it would hold on to an upside down spoon. A chocolate brownie like mom used to make...with frosting!! Damn.

Stay thirsty my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment