Friday, August 5, 2011

Allagash Brewery



So, this brewery WASN'T a bust, but I didn't get the love :(

We found the brewery and there were signs indicating retail and tours. There were people moving inside the retail store. When I went in and asked about a tour, I was told tours were at 11, 1 & 3 and sadly, it was about 5:15. I explained that I had come all the way from Texas through Labrador, Canada and I still got no loving.

But, the retail space was open and the young woman told me about the new beer they had just bottled called Curieux. It is their trippel that has been aged in a oak bourbon barrel. It comes in at 11% ABV. It is what you might expect. It is a trippel for Christ sake and would be a fine beer on it's own. But for some reason, aging them in oak bourbon barrels just adds a special something to them.

Because I am in a hotel room, I am enjoying this fine beer from a plastic cup and yet, it is still a fine beer.

If I was in a car, I would have loaded up on Allagash beers, but given I am on the motorcycle, you guys get no loving either ... sorry :(

No comments:

Post a Comment