Monday, November 7, 2011

BrewDog - Bitch Please

Tracy, Joe and I had our combined plate party last Saturday. They each have finished plate 2 and I have finished plate 3. Since we had so much money to spend, we decided to order some of the more expensive beers. One of those beers was BrewDog Bitch Please. It was a 12 oz bottle and cost $22 each! We ordered 2 of the beers to split. That was a GREAT idea! Why? Because it was one of the weirdest beers I have ever had. Joe and I drank most of the two bottles. I think Joe liked it the best. I kept trying it again and again. Perhaps thinking it change as it warmed up. Everything on paper looked like a beer I would love. Practical application proved differently. Some of the reviews I have read said there was too much going on. I think that is apt.

Perhaps the text on the side of the beer tells it best:
I am a collaborative brew. I am a messed up, idiosyncratic, schizophrenic son of a bitch. I would blame my parents. With the wolves of 3 Floyds and pirates from BrewDog involved, the writing was on the wall for me. Right from the start ... An inherently Scottish spin on a barley wine style brewed with peated malts from Islay and eclectic hops.After fermentation the beer was aged in old single malt whiskey barrels for 8 months.

Not a beer I would buy again, but definitely happy I had the chance to give this one a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment