Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Deep Ellum Brewing Co. - Festivus Black IPA

The Deep Ellum Brewing Co. is the newest brewer in Dallas (as far as I know). They have been open for several months and I have been thinking about going to Deep Ellum just to try their beers. Finally, the Flying Saucer is serving some of their beers. The Lake Flying Saucer has Festivus, a black IPA. My server was interested in my opinion as they weren't sure it was a black IPA. Let me start off with, I like this beer. My first taste was more of a scotch ale. She said some thought it was more of a porter. So, my next beer was Avery New World Porter, so I did a side by side taste and I came to this conclusion: If a scotch ale and porter beer were to have a baby, this would be it!

Next to try is the Deep Ellum Double Brown Stout at the Addison Flying Saucer. Hint, it is classified as a brown ale. Hmmmm, will all the Deep Ellum Brewing beers be hard to classify?

2 comments:

  1. Please follow up. The suspense is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the Deep Ellum Double Brown Stout was excellent as well. I think I may have liked the Festivus a bit more, but don't think for a second I wouldn't enjoy another Double Brown Stout (and another ...)

    Luckily, I had the stout when I did because they don't have it in Addison now. But, they have a Deep Ellum IPA that sounds good.

    ReplyDelete