Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Brooklyn The Companion

I am getting close to my 4th plate at the Flying Saucer, so I had to go this afternoon to get a few (read 3) more beers. One of the new beers on my daily email of new beers (go me) was Brooklyn The Companion. I was shocked and so very pleasantly surprised that this was the fire sale today. Since it is a wheat wine at 10% ABV, I never expected to see it discounted. I made it my last beer for the day. I started with Affligem Blonde (a nice Belgium Ale), then Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale (a Strong Ale) and then finished with Brooklyn The Companion. I didn't know or have any expectation for this beer, except that it was a wheat wine at 10% ABV. I was surprised that is was such a light color. Then even more surprised that it tasted sweet and just a little light. But not surprised at the buzz I had after those 3 beers!

The write up on the Addison beer list had:
This brew is a wheat based equivalent to a barley wine. With 55% malted wheat, this beer has a surprising;ly light and crisp affect on the palate, but don't let that fool you! At 10% ABV you should be able to taste plenty of heat.

I didn't taste the heat, but I sure feel it. I would LOVE to have this beer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment