Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Beginner's Guide to Craft Beer Enjoyment

I saw the article, had to read it and realized there is something there for newbies and veterans of craft beer.

A Beginner's Guide to Craft Beer Enjoyment

For us veterans, number 5 is a great reminder: Remember where you came from. It is easy to look down on those who drink the commercial beers we make fun of.  To me, not only do I enjoy great beer, but even more when I can drink with friends and like minded people who also enjoy great craft beer.  As long as you are having fun, does it really matter what you drink?  Plus, as a server at The Flying Saucer once shared, it is the people ordering the American commercial beers at the saucer who help subsidize the great craft beers we enjoy.

It is about fun, friends and great beer!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you and with Peticolas! In fact, I just learned something looking at that beer wheel: I have a much better vocabulary in the "odor" side, than I do on the "taste" side. I guess beer drinking really does start way before it hits your mouth. Then I think about it for a minute more...I used to dismiss hoppy beers based solely on the smell. But I made myself taste it before I went "ack." Turns out I liked way more beers than I thought I did. Good for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I wasn't a huge fan of "overly" hoppy beers, but as I kept trying them, I seemed to have developed a taste/appreciation for them.

    I think it is important to keep pushing your beer comfort zone and stay open minded to the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete