Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Shopping for Beer


Last Christmas, the Sammys gave us gift certificates from Halftime Beverage.  And now that we have our beer fridge back, we decided to go shopping.

We wanted to get beers that we hadn't had (although we did sneak in a couple that we tasted at last year's GABF) or that were really different or maybe even scarce.

Here's what we bought:

JW Lees Harvest Ale - Calvados Aged 2011 - Calvados is Apple Brandy...this should be really tasty.

Bruton Stoner  - An Italian beer.  We had the Bruton di Bruton Belgian Ale while sitting at an outdoor cafe in Tuscany.  We thought about getting the Belgian again, but decided to try something new.

Weyerbacher Blasphemy - We had their Blithering Idiot (barley wine) at the GABF.  If this quad is half as good...

Allagash Fluxus - Since Allagash pulled out of so many markets, I jump on the chance to get my hands on some.  I can't wait to get my taste buds on this one.

Allagash Black - See above note.

Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald - Although I think the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is one of the most boring songs ever, I have high hopes for this porter.

Keegan's Joe Mama's Milk - While sucking down a taster of this imperial stout at the GABF, I commented that I thought it was a bit creepy that I liked "Joe's Mama's Milk"...eww...even now.  But I guess I didn't feel creepy enough not to buy a 4-pack of it.

Southern Tier Oak Aged UnEarthly - Joe's hopheadedness was feeling a bit left out, so we shifted gears.

21st Amendment Hop Crisis - He should be happy now.

Dogfish Head Hellhound - So happy.

And our beer fridge will be happy.  Soooo happy!

1 comment:

  1. I tried a Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald and I look forward to hearing what you thought. I found it in a list of great porters, but I was not fond of it. Perhaps I got a bad bottle. If you like it, then I did.

    ReplyDelete