Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Like I Don't Already Have Enough To Do

A friend of mine posted this on facebook the other day:

20 breweries that plan to open in Denver in 2014


Geez.  It's truly an epidemic.  When my husband, Joe, and I moved to Denver in July of 2011 there were about 150 breweries and brewpubs in all of Colorado.  Now there are over 250.  And about 30 of them are in Denver!

Sure enough, we've enjoyed exploring and have a few designated as favorites.  But until we hit the jackpot and have unlimited funds and time...oh, and somehow acquire the metabolism of an 18-yo, I don't see how we're ever going to get to all of them!  Not that I'm complaining.

About six years ago we - through no real plan - decided that we would be beer snobs.  That we would consciously and with steady purpose strike out to find and sample the widest variety of beer possible.  We would eschew the ordinary and seek out the remarkable.  We would invite temptation right in and taste the earthly delights that we have come to know as craft beer.  Wait. that sounds like a plan.  

Anyway, we have indulged ourselves and attended the GABF twice (when in Rome, right?) and as many local beer fests we can load onto our calendar.  We get all sparkle and pop when a new tap list comes out at Lucky Pie.  And we can hardly make a choice at Falling Rock, which has a tap wall of extraordinary beers comparable only to...um...er...well, let me get back to you on that.  But these are bars and fests...I digress...they are not breweries...merely purveyors of that wonderful stuff of barley and hops.

There's a badge on Untappd called Find the Source.  It's awarded to those who visit breweries.  I'm two beers away from level 7.  That means that I have been to almost 35 different breweries in just over a year (since I've been on Untappd).  While I'm no where close to hitting all the breweries in Colorado, now it seems that I'm going to have 20 more in Denver alone to add to the list.

Apparently I need to hit the jackpot.  And start working out.


No comments:

Post a Comment