Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Happy 2017!

I just realized it has been some time since I posted here last.  So, here are just some random beer thoughts:

I went to several beer festivals in 2016. The 3 faves? Big Texas Beer Festival (been every year since the beginning), Rails & Ales in Alamosa CO (been twice and enjoy hanging with Tracy & Joe and this year Cindy & Chuck too) and GABF (2nd time to go, this time on the Flying Saucer's dime)

Bell's is coming to Texas in March of 2017. I am kinda excited about this.

I met Dave Engbers, one of the founders of Founder's Brewing. He was an awesome guy who signed a koozie and a bottle of 2016 Backwoods Bastard. Still trying to decide if I drink the beer and keep the bottle or ... what the hell, I will drink it and keep the bottle :)

SweetWater Brewing came to Texas in 2016. I love their 420 Extra Pale Ale.

I finally broke 5,000 unique beers on Untappd. I had WAY TOO many beers in 2016 to accomplish this goal and my waistline proves that.

The one side of chasing so many unique beers is that I often overlook old favorites. I am trying to do that more now, but I do enjoy finding new beers.

I became an Untappd super user in December of 2015. It is kinda cool to be able to make changes and keep the database clean. Something I will share with all Untappd users. If you check in a beer that has fewer than total check ins, take a picture of the menu or tapwall to show the name of the beer. Also, if Untappd is missing vital information, PLEASE propose an edit. If you have a picture of the information on your checkin, it will make it MUCH easier to approve.

I love bottle shares with my friends. Sometimes, they are small shares just to get a badge beer in before it expires. Other times, it is just a general share.  I have found that up to 10 people is a good size group. Big enough to have quite a few beers to try and not so many you can't have at least an ounce of each beer.

Just my random thoughts!!

Enjoy,

Jonathan


No comments:

Post a Comment