Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Beer-B-Que Beers Redux

Last Sunday they had a Beer-B-Que celebration at the Flying Saucer in Addison. One of the managers, Josh, grilled up a some pork loins, chicken and andoui sausage. On top of that they tapped 12 great beers, two every hour. If you are an avid reader, you may have heard that you have to drink 200 different beers to earn a plate at the Flying Saucer. But, they limit you to 3 per day. So, I don't drink more than 3. I had to plan the beers I wanted most along with the period of time I wanted to hang out. I enjoyed Brooklyn Main Engine Start, Avery 18 and Saint Arnold Bourbon Barrel Stout.

I noticed today that they still had most of the beers that were tapped. So, I had to go and enjoy a few that I missed. Today I enjoyed Lagunitas Fusion VI, New Belgium Grand Cru and finally, Avery Samael. The Samael comes in at at 16.45% ABV, so it is served in a small snifter. It is expensive, but OH SO TASTY!

OK, so it was less of a redux and more of an extension of the Beer-B-Que because I enjoyed different beers, but what the hell, it was a good time AND you can't beat a beer buzz from GREAT beer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment