Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pliny The Elder Rocks...Others, Too

As skeptical as I was about PTE, I gave it a shot.  Christie, our most excellent server, was kind enough to bring me a small taster, and BOOM!  "I'll have a full pour, please!"

Joe and I shared some fried cheese curds and fried green olives as we sipped PTEs.  The appies were a great complement to the smooth citrus hop and sweetness of the beer.  So glad I tried it.

To go with our dinner (a delicious red pepper pizza and full-on plate of anti-pasta), Joe and I shared a bomber of Full Sail Bourbon Barrel Imperial Porter (Brewmaster's Reserve).  Now THAT's a beer!  Rich, roasty, boozy, chocolaty, dark fruity.  A terrific beer.

Finally I ordered a Grand Teton XX Bitch Creek (a great little brown ale), and Joe ordered an Elevation Senorita Horchata Imperial Porter.  While I enjoyed the Bitch Creek, I'd ordered some vanilla ice cream for dessert, and the two just didn't go together.  So Joe switched beers with me.  The Horchata was so good with the ice cream, I made myself a little beer float.  Yum!  I love making a float with beer and ice cream and watch the faces of those around me who have never had the pleasure...pretty amusing.  Try it, you'll like it!

1 comment:

  1. Tracy is right about the Full Sail Bourbon Barrel Imperial Porter, however, there was also a slight hint of coconut. Quite possibly one of the best imperial porters that I have had.

    Further, the Bitch Creek is an ESB. Great malt flavor but with a healthy dose of hops! Highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete