Thursday, February 13, 2014

Chicago O'Hare Airport

I got stuck for many hours at Chicago's O'Hare Airport today. I stopped at Chili's for lunch. The only beer they served I hadn't previously entered in Untappd was Michelob Ultra. Since I am so close to 1,000 distinct beers, I ordered one. No surprise that it was underwhelming. So, I did some research and found that Goose Island has a bar here. I didn't want any thing I had entered before,  so I had a Ten Hills Pale Ale. It was a seasonal offering. A nice malty front end pale ale with a nice hops tail. Next I had Green Line Pale Ale. I only wish I would have had it first. Not bad, but comparatively ... meh. I finished with the Matilda ... nice as you might expect. Let me just say that airport beer is EXPENSIVE, but that should be no surprise.

I chatted with a very nice young man from Ontario. He likes wine, beers and whiskey and likes to cook for his friends.  As you may guess, we had NOTHING to talk about. I gotta get better at remembering names.

Still waiting for my next flight, but a little buzz helps!

1 comment:

  1. If you've got to be stuck in an airport, it's good that you can get a decent beer these days. Asheville NC has a really good selection for a small airport, but there are several craft brewers near there.

    ReplyDelete