Friday, July 11, 2014

How To Drink All Night Without Getting Drunk - Test Results

Back in April, I posted an article about how Jim Koch drinks, but doesn't get drunk called How To Drink All Night Without Getting Drunk.  He uses yeast.  I have seen a couple of articles where people tested using yeast to see if prevented getting drunk or at least lowered blood alcohol. This particular article was sent to me and I will show it because it has nice graphs!

Alcohol Test: Does Eating Yeast Keep You From Getting Drunk?

I think the best line in the article is: "To be fair, Koch never claimed this is for everyone. "I can't say it works for everybody. It works for me," he tells us."  True dat!

In the testing, the one method that did have an effect was to drink 32 ounces of water between each alcoholic drink.  As they noted, that is a lot of water to drink.  But it is easier to do than plan how much you will drink and eat the appropriate amount of yeast, plus, you can almost always get water where you drink ... unless you drink in really bad dive bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment