Monday, February 12, 2018

30 IPA's To Try Before You Die

I saw an article back in 2013 called 30 IPA's To Try Before You Die. I wasn't an IPA person back then, but saved the list and kept track of the beers.  I haven't made an update on that list since 2015 and have had 18 of those beers.  I started checking the ones remaining on Untappd and noticed some aren't even that highly ranked now.

I think I am going to delete the list. When the list was created, it was somebodies idea of the 30 best at the time, but like all lists, they don't always hold up. Pliny The Elder wasn't on the list. Dogfish Head 90 Minute was on the list.  I like both, but would pick Pliny over 90 Minute any day, but in Texas, I can't get Pliny, so that is kind of a moot point.

So many great IPA's these days. Personally, I tend to Double and Triple IPA's. Bells Hopslam, Founders Devil's Dancer, Martin House Big Hoppa are some of my faves. Cigar City just came to Texas, so I can have Jai Lai when I want now! Some IPA's I forget how much I like. Lagunita's IPA is a good one. Community Mosaic is one of my favorite local IPA's (note: it isn't a single hop IPA, there are 5 hops, Mosaic just happens to be the major one).

What are some of your favorite IPA's?

No comments:

Post a Comment