Thursday, February 21, 2019

Okay, So I Drink A Lot Of Beer

I mean, I know I do.  Shrug.  I like being on Untappd (FaceBook for beer drinkers); I like being able to keep tabs on my beer-drinking friends, keep up with all the new beers I try, and show off my numbers and stats.

This year, they sent me something new.  My Year in Beer Review.  Buckle in...


In 2018, I had 1549 total beers (probably more, because I don't always check in beers I've had before).  That's an average of about four a day.  Of that 1549, 1499 were new beers...from 574 different breweries.  I have 146 different distinct styles.

To the point that I don't check in beers I've had before, my top 5 most checked in beers were as follows:
4 Pliny the Elders
3 Sip of Sunshines
3 Ursus Premiums (local Romanian beer)
3 7K IPAs, and
3 Citra Ass Downs

That means that I every other beer I checked in I had only one or two of.  Remember that 1499 number.

My five most-checked in styles were IPAs (216), Double IPAs (105), New England IPAs (82), Pale Ales (64), ans Sours (48).  Remember that 146 number.

My top-rated styles (styles I rated above 4.6 (out of 5) were imperial porters, imperial oatmeal stouts, and imperial stouts.  Yep, I love the imperials!

My top five most-checked in breweries were Woods Boss, PilotHouse, Cheluna, Breckenridge, and Odell.  All Colorado. 

My top five most-checked in venues were the GABF (199), SAVOR (121), Two Penguins (a local bar) (53), Gertrude Stein (our house) (49), and Festivus (holiday beer fest) (46).

And I like to drink all over the world - in 369 unique venues, in 29 states/regions, and 9 countries.

As a bonus - since I'm a 12-year old and love badges - I unlocked 850 of them in 2018.

I could've bought a car.  Meh - It's New Brew Thursday!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment