Thursday, December 23, 2010

Southern Star Buried Hatchet Stout

Tracy and I have posted or commented lately about some great chocolate stouts. But, I have to give props to another stout. One served in a can. WTF?? Yes, in a can! It is Southern Star Buried Hatchet Stout. This is one great stout. Why? Because it is such a nice balance between the coffee and the chocolate. Really, one taste you get a nice coffee, then you wonder about the chocolate and take another sip ... and there it is. Here is the description from the Flying Saucer beer database:
The Buried Hatchet is a strong Foreign-export stout (stylistically speaking) with medium initial sweetness, medium body, and pervasive coffee and chocolate notes in the nose and in the taste. There is no hop aroma or flavor, but the hop bitterness is relatively high, although somewhat masked by the malt sweetness. 8.25%
I am so glad I just finished my 1st plate so I could enjoy this one again ... and get credit!!

1 comment:

  1. In total agreement!

    Dude, didn't mean to step on your beer dinner post. It took me all day to get that done. When I signed on, your post wasnt' there yet. But when I signed off, it was. Sorry about that. Regardless, it WAS an awesome dinner.

    ReplyDelete