Monday, January 3, 2011

Aloha! From Hawaii

Joe and I are vacationing in HI this holiday season, and so far, the best present besides the weather, the scenery and the fact that we're nowhere near our respective offices is the discovery that they're selling Hinano beer here.

It's our favorite from Tahiti.  It's a very light lager that's sort of sweet and grassy.  Totally drinkable and delicious. 

Of course, we're also checking out all the Maui Brewing Company offerings (Bikini Blonde, Coconut Porter, Mana Wheat and Big Swell IPA), as well as the Kona Brewing choices (Pipeline Porter, Longboard Lager, Big Wave Golden Ale, Firerock Pale Ale and Wailua Wheat).

Primo is Hawaii's local beer (see here for the 411), and we've also enjoyed the specialty brew at the Hula Grill, Barefoot Brew.

No lack of choices here, that's for sure!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are more beers from Tahiti OTHER than Hinano?? :) I don't remember any, but then again, I didn't look so hard. I was still a beer neophyte back then. Even so, Hinano was a nice lighter beer. Like you said, totally drinkable AND delicious.

    I gotta make it to Hawaii sometime in my life. When I do, I will have to search out the local brews.

    ReplyDelete