Monday, January 10, 2011

Brewer - Odd Side Ales

Odd Side Ales is a local brewer to Grand Haven, Michigan. In fact, they are so local, that they are located in downtown Grand Haven at the old piano factory. They have 13 taps and all their own brews. My brother-in-law was salivating for a brown ale, but sadly for him, they had none. I had their sampler. You choose 6 of their brews and each little glass is about 3 or so ounces. It was a stout night for me since there were 4 stouts on the menu today. Even though the site isn't current, here is a link with the brews and a picture of the back wall: Odd Side Ales Brews On Tap

We did get a chance to taste a brown ale right out of the barrel. It was a bourbon brown ale and I wish I could be there to taste it chilled and carbonated. There was a definite bourbon flavor in the brew, and I assume it was from the barrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment