Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tonight's Tap at the Flying Saucer

Tonight, the Flying Saucer in Addison tapped Harpoon Leviathan Big Bohemian Pilsner.  Let me just say, what's not to love about a pilsner.  Especially this one!


Came to the table in a snifter.  A beautiful pale orange with a thin white head.  There didn't seem to be any big nose to it...it seemed really light.  In fact, I was really surprised at the taste...compared to the nose.  It's nicely sweet...a big caramel flavor jumps out right up front.  After a beat, I got the lemony zest.  The Reverend's reaction was just the opposite...he got the lemon first, then the sweet.  (He always was a bit backwards.)

After another beat, I began to taste a little bite of hops and feel the alcohol (9% abv).  I couldn't drink a lot of these, but one or two sure would be good.  Really good!

1 comment: