Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wow - Dogfish Black and Blue

'member when you were a kid and you drank, like, a berry or a black cherry soda?  Well tonight's tap at the Saucer was Dogfish Black and Blue, and it really was like a berry soda.  Sweet, but not syrup-y, carbonated, but not to distraction.  Full of berry flavors, but not too Strawberry Shortcake.  It was really good.  And at 10-11% abv (no one could really peg it) it went right to my head.  Awesome!

I wish I really had some strawberry shortcake to go with it.

And after I finished the Black and Blue, I treated myself to a Guinness. 



I hadn't had one in a really long time.  What I noticed was...all the flavor that I remember, but now, now that I have a little more knowledge about beer, and a more sophisticated palate, I was really able to pick out and identify the flavors that I was tasting.  Let me just say this.  Guinness is a really solid, really good stout. 

Can I get a shot of Bailey's so I can chug it?

No comments:

Post a Comment