Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's Pumpkin Season

I'm a big BIG fan of pumpkin pie (well, Fall foods, in general).  And I love it (I don't know how they do it), but I love it when those flavors show up in one of my other favorite things - beer.

Hear me out!  Spices: nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice.  Flavors: vanilla, pumpkin, buttery crust.  IN A BEER.

Try 'em.  But hurry...they won't be around long.

Dogfish Head Pun'kin Ale
Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale
Brooklyn Post Road Pumpkin Ale
Blue Moon Harvest Moon
Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale
Magic Hat Hex (not really pumpkin-y, but a damn fine seasonal beer)

Close your eyes.  Take a good sniff and picture a slice of pie, complete with whipped cream and brown flaky crust.  Then sip.  Roll it around in your mouth.  Yum! 

Hey, Sammy, I'm talking to you.  Give it a shot.  You can spit it out if you want, but if you don't at least try it, then I'll feel like a bigger beer snob than I already am.  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Uh, no. Just give me the 512 Pecan Porter. Draw a jack-o-lantern face on the freakin' glass if it makes you feel better.

    ReplyDelete