Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Southern Star - Buried Hatchet Stout

After a couple of days' respite from the demon brew (yeah...right), I celebrated my revived interest with a beer out of Conroe, TX. 

Conroe is down by Houston, and they're the same folks who brewed the Bombshell Blonde we had at the tasting Saturday night.  Both the Bombshell and the Buried Hatchet come in cans.

Tonight's beer was Buried Hatchet Stout.  A delicious coffee/chocolate, alcohol-laden (8.5), almost chewy, rich choice.  I didn't pour it (I'm just that lazy - but the brew didn't suffer from it); I drank it like a man: right out of the can.  I DID get a sense that it had a good caramel-y head, and, even without the benefit of an aerating pour, it was smooth and creamy in my mouth.  I popped a Dove Dark Chocolate w/Almonds chunk of chocolate with it.  It's a wonder I ever even leave the house.

I could easily be talked into having a second and...even a third.

No comments:

Post a Comment