Thursday, August 12, 2010

Southern Star - Buried Hatchet Stout - Revisited

This was the beer at Tap Night tonight at the Saucer.  Sure, we've had it in the fridge.  In a can.  But let me tell you...tapped...surely the better way to go. 

Semi-sweet chocolate morsels, married with day old coffee, some vanilla and a dash of alcohol makes for a mighty fine beer.  I wish I'd had some chocolate to eat with it.  I guess I'll have to just be happy with the bonus brewery pint glass we got for ordering it.  (I know...I didn't even HAVE to steal it!)

This is one of those beers that you drink and think..."Hey, the alcohol is not that big."  Hah!  Yeah!  A couple of these would totally prove you wrong.  But you'd have such a good buzz goin' on you wouldn't even really care. 

This is a great beer in the can.  It's an outstanding beer on tap.  Give it a shot.  You won't be disappointed.  Take some dark chocolate...you won't wanna leave the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment