Sunday, August 22, 2010

We've Done It!

We've drunk 200 different beers at the Flying Saucer and earned our first plates.  Joe had a Lone Star, a Boulevard Wheat and an Around the World Taster.  Of all the beers from around the world, of all the beer I could have had and have had, I decided today would be a Texas beer day.  I had a Lone Star, a Live Oak Pilz and a Live Oak Hefe.  Here's my 200th beer.


The Live Oak Hefe with an orange slice.  Very nice.  Cloudy, wheat-y and full of banana and clove flavors. It was really good.  We ripped up my "Beers I Haven't Tasted" list and used it for confetti.

So on Thursday, we'll go and swipe our cards and get credit for drinking 200 beers.  We'll start all over again for our second plate. And our party and plate presentation will be on Saturday. 

I know it's not like being an Eagle Scout or making the grade to play pro ball or anything, but it's something pretty cool, among friends.  And since I haven't finished a lot of things in my life: my novel, my house redecoration, my laundry today, I'm looking forward to our toast next Saturday and the realization that I have, in fact, finished something. 

And it was good, too, hon!

1 comment: