Monday, August 30, 2010

Plates and Saucers

Ta da!  Our plates (or a close facimile of them) at the Saucer. 


And the Saucers are tapping their Oktoberfests! 

Saint Arnold's
Sam Adams
New Belgium
Warsteiner
Spaten
Brooklyn
Hacker-Pschorr
Paulaner
and
Shiner

So get out there and get to drinkin'!  Oktoberfests are generally wonderful blends of hops and malts, spices and just the right fizz.  Color varies from light copper to rich amber.  And the abv is usually about 5%.  Oktoberfests are great session beers and typically not on the shelf too long.  So go on a tasting spree!  I'm absolutely certain you'll find something you'll like.

1 comment:

  1. So, today must be Oktoberfest day. I came to the Flying Saucer for glass night, but it didn't start until 7 PM. So, I started down the list of Oktoberfest beers I haven't had. The fire sale was Paulaner Oktoberfest and was tasty. But, it wasn't until I was finishing my Hacker-Pschorr Marzen that I realized just how much I had been enjoying the beer. The fact it was a biggie had NOTHING to do with that :)

    ReplyDelete