Friday, October 22, 2010

I Must Confess I Love a Road Trip

This time it's to San Antonio.  I have to go for work, and I have to go on Saturday.  The good news is I'll have quite a bit of downtime Saturday and most of Sunday.  Riverwalk here I come, right?  Well...

I've been to San Antonio several times.  Make that many.  Sammy and I went once and tried to take the Alamo.  (I'm not sure in whose name, but they did ask us to get down from the wall.)  I went with my mom and dad to the World's Fair there in 1968.  The fair was the reason they built that sky needle (the Tower of the Americas).  I've eaten on the riverboat that serves Tex-Mex dinner, I've performed on stage at Trinity University, I've driven the beer cart at La Cantera, and of course gotten drunk in the Rough Rider's bar at the Menger.  I've pretty much done San Antonio.

BUT...I haven't been to their Flying Saucer or to the Specs just outside of SA in Live Oak (not where the Live Oak Brewery is).  And y'all know how I am about Specs.  Oh, and the Saucer!

The Reverend is a bit of a geek, and he wrote a program that will take the beers at any Saucer (other than our home Saucer in Addison) and then tell you which ones are unique.  In other words, he can tell me what beers I can get at the San Antonio Saucer that I can't get in Addison.  Sweet!! 

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have much to report this weekend!  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment