Friday, October 1, 2010

Mikkeller Chipotle Porter ... Chipotle? Really?

The Flying Saucer in Addison was scheduled to tap Mikkeller Chipotle Porter a month ago, but there was a tap malfunction and they rescheduled to the last Thursday in September. I have been waiting a month for this beer. And it was good and worth the wait. It came out brownish black with a beautiful creamy brown head. It smelled of prune and tasted great ... except, I didn't taste any chipotle. According to the reviews, the chipotle flavor was supposed to come through at the end. Scott even tasted it, but not me. It is a great porter that borders on being a stout, but sadly, for me, there was no chipotle.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I missed the tapping...I would have liked to compare it to the bottled version. That's too bad you didn't have the experience you were dreaming about. But, if I remember the bottled version, the chipotle wasn't necessarily a "flavor," but more of a sense of smoky heat. As I made my way through the beer, my mouth tingled with sensory pepper. Let's share a bottle and try again.

    ReplyDelete